Hello beautiful readers!
I wanted to get one more blog post in before the end of the year as I’m sure like a lot of you I will be away enjoying some sunshine over the New year break! So what better way to round off the year by listing my top 10 favourite beauty products for 2016!
Before I get into it, I wanted to thank you all for the support, love and positive comments I’ve received in this first year as a beauty blogger. It means so much to me that people enjoy what I put out and I can’t wait to see what next year brings.
Let’s jump in!
1. Skincare. Bio Oil.
This oil is packed with lots of great ingredients to help repair and replenish my skin while I sleep. It’s wonderfully hydrating and best of all it absorbs really quickly so I don’t get oil all in my hair and over my pillowcase at night, and my skin always feels soft and healthy in the morning.
2. Body moisturizer. Yes to coconut spray
This is a genius little idea. A coconut oil in spray form! The skin on my body gets really dry, but I hate having to moisturize at night and wait for products to sink in! This spray is lovely and light but does a really good job of hydrating and doesn’t irritate at all even after
shaving my legs.
3. Perfume. Marc Jacobs Daisy. Most people will know this perfume, but incase you don’t, it smells like a field of daisies. It’s the perfect scent for someone in their 20’s as it’s not too young but not too mature either. Think clean and feminine.
4. Foundation. Maybelline fit me matte and poreless. I’m so surprised that I’ve got a matte foundation on my list because I was ride or die for the Dewy version last year. This one just gets me a little further into the day before I need to powder so it’s been my go to!
5. Primer. Nars pore refining primer. I have tried so many primers this year that all have their merits, but the most versatile is this one. I can use this on myself or any client and trust that it’s going to work well.
6. Lip colour. Colour pop ‘Chi’ ultra matte lip
Every year I try and hunt out the perfect nude lip colour. They’re normally too pink or too peach, too light or too dark. Colour pop Chi is pretty faultless. I’m really into brown nudes and this is my idea of perfect!
7. Hair product. Redken Frizz dismiss cream. In the past I’ve been very naughty with not using heat protectants, but this one has made it easier. I use this on wet hair to blow dry then straighten so it’s protected and tamed in one step. I have much fewer split ends and it doesn’t leave residue.
8. Brow product. Loreal brow artist plumper. I use this everyday so my tube writing is all worn off (going against my style and posting an internet pic!) This disguises the fact that my brows are filled by accentuating the hairs and adding texture back in.
9. Highlight. Colour pop ‘wisp’ (right). If this ever gets discontinued I will cry forever. Pretty sure I’ve used this in all my MOTD posts..it’s just so stunning! Perfect colour, perfect amount of glow, easy to use, CHEAP!
10. Make up brush. Zoeva Luxe soft definer. This brush is so versatile it just had to be on my list. I use it for applying colour and blending because it’s a great shape and size. If I’m only throwing one eye brush in my bag for touch ups, it’s this baby.
I’ve purchased more beauty products than ever before this year. Lots of money spent, but what can I say, it makes me happy! What were your favourites for 2016? Have an amazing and safe New year! x